Dr.Vorobiev Clinic for Alcohol and Drug Addiction Treatment Program
Our drug abuse and drug addiction treatment program has been successful in the field of addiction medicine for more than 16 years. We have experience of successful recovery from all kind of addiction with thousands of people from all over the world. Our clinic is firmly committed to principles of drug addiction treatment program that allowed it to reach the highest rate of success and obtain the position of one of the best drug addiction rehab in the world.
Principles of treating drug addiction in our clinic
- Multidisciplinary diagnosis
- Quick and painless detoxification from drugs
- Mental (psychological) dependency treatment
- Complex psychotherapy
- Pharmacological blockade
Our alcohol and drug addiction treatment clinic for does not support:
- The idea of drug replacement therapy
- The idea of isolated psychotherapy which excludes any kind of pharmacological support
- The idea of self-medication in treatment of any kind of addiction at any level
There are plenty of theories, views, myths and prejudices regarding successful and reliable treatment of drug addiction. We leave it up to each individual to make up his own choice. The position on which our addiction treatment clinic stands on is based on following principles. We believe that there is no point in wasting time, efforts and money on:
- Attempts to find the causes of addiction in the patient's past, on useless visits the psychologists and psychiatrists, who with a clever face will be trying to find something in the patient's childhood and then based on this fact will build up a concept about flawed personality who runs into the drugs and alcohol escaping the reality. Obviously, it is unlikely that horse riding, massage, yoga, sauna can cure drug addiction on their own, isolated from medical treatment. As a component of rehabilitation they are always desirable, but it makes no sense to choose an addiction treatment clinic where recovery program is based only on spa treatments, massages, aromatherapy and drawing the pictures of the bright future. The maniacal need for the drugs cannot be overwhelmed by this way.
- Drug replacement therapy. Attempts to replace heroin or any other street drug by medically approved narcotic bring more or less positive results only in 10-20% of cases on average. This is primarily because you cannot avoid abuse the substances used in drug replacement therapy. Such drugs as Methadone, Substitol, Subotex, OxyContin, sedatives, benzodiazepines and tranquilizers have certain addictive potential and can be easily purchased on the black market. And instead of supposed recovery the patient develops even more harder addiction to a combination of different substances. The withdrawal syndrome in these cases is harder and takes much longer to go through.
- Attempts of self-medication or so-called homemade detox. Experiments on yourself on the friend's advice or recipes taken from the drug forums are fraught with the danger of complications such as drug overdoses, drug psychoses, severe side effects, unpredictable or altered reaction to medications. Even if there were no serious problems during the self-made detox and eventually the person managed to go through the withdrawal, return to drugs statistically occurs almost in 90% of cases within the first 3 weeks after.
Drug addiction treatment is successful when the following principles are satisfied
- Multidisciplinary diagnosis must be set. It must include assessment of the physical condition of the patient, appraisal of the current consequences of drug abuse, psychological tests to assess the level of depression, nervousness, insomnia, craving for drugs. The complex information is necessary to choose an adequate treatment program.
- Quick and painless detoxification is a mandatory condition. Return to the drugs mostly occurs due to obsessive thoughts about the drugs, due to irresistible desire of the patient repeatedly experience the sensations of drug intoxification. Therefore, even after undergoing the hardships of withdrawal, the person doesnt cease the desire to use drugs again. If the craving for drugs is still on, the patient doesnt think about the consequences of the relapse and the disruption of inevitable withdrawal is not frightening him.
- After detoxification and overwhelming physical dependency to narcotics, the next phase of drug addiction treatment is psycho-correction, or treatment of psychological, mental dependency. It is necessary to stabilize the patient’s mental condition, remove symptoms of anxiety, depression, sleep disorders, obsessive thoughts about drugs. Hypnosis and special audio-visual information therapy are called to create an aversion to drugs and everything that connected to them, to erase the memory of the pleasant moments of drug intoxification. The goal of psycho-correction is to reach the state of mind when the patient steady loses interest to drugs and the brain starts functioning in normal way, when the he wakes up in the morning and doesn't think about how to get the drug
- Psychotherapy the formation of a new lifestyle, avoidance of provocative situations, support from family and friends.
- Pharmacological blockade is an important component of protection against return to the drugs. Impossibility of drug use establishes the motivation and an opportunity to overcome the most difficult moments of drug addiction treatment. Adherence to these principles allows to obtain sobriety, which the patient not only bears, but rejoices living a drug free life. Problems with drugs or alcohol are left in his past, and he doesn't want even to think about it.
Related addiction treatment articles:
Bookmark & Share